Green Smoothie Challenge and Salad Class Musings

2:42 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
How's everyone doing on the Green Smoothie Challenge? I have only missed one day so far, that was today, but I still have time. I guess it's not a total loss if I still have my green smoothie for supper instead of breakfast.

The salad class was fun. We missed everyone who did not show up though.

I promised a recipe for Hummus, so here it is:
one bulb of garlic (roasted)
6 cups of garbanzo beans
8 tablespoons of lemon juice
5 tablespoons tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea Salt to taste
Dash or two of cumin if you like it

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until slightly thinner than the consistency you prefer. (It will thicken as it cools)

We like to put it on fresh baked bread, eat it with flax chips, or baked Garden of Eatin' Chips, or just by the bowl! I like mine warm, if you wish you can drizzle olive oil over your personal serving and sprinkle paprika on it. Sometimes I put a dollop of it beside my salad! Yummy.


0 comments: