Blessings Multiplied

3:40 AM Posted In , , Edit This 1 Comment »
In my Bible Reading this morning I came across something that I didn't realize I was struggling with, but God showed me that I was worrying and He reassured me.

After much prayer about doing health related classes, I decided to do something on a much smaller scale than I had orginally wanted to do. I started a Green Smoothie Challenge Support Group (of sorts!) The first two classes were great! I used some greens from my greenhouse and garden and purchased all the fruit, cups, straws, etc. Being financially challenged in this stage of my life, I am surprised at what peace I had in doing this. I don't believe that I ever worried about buying the ingredients or running out of food.

After the first two classes here's what happened:
  • a friend gave me a huge bag (maybe 15 pounds?) of garbanzo beans. We make a lot of hummus, so this was perfect. She also gave me red lentils (for making birthright stew), a 50 lb bag of oats w/ 7 other grains (for making granola), a box of Nutritional Yeast (for yucky popcorn for Harm) and a few other items
  • an acquaintance gave us about 10 bags of various kinds of beans (Shawne eats beans all the time)
  • our church gave us 6 bushels of peas/beans
  • my mom brought us some blueberries & for the meat eaters, steaks
All this food, without us asking for one thing. Hmmmmm. You think that He is trying to tell me that He will take care of me?

Now, I am planning the salad and dressings class and refresher course and God shows me Hebrews 6:10: For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. What's cute about this lesson is that I called our support group "HEALTHY FOR HIM."

I guess I had started to worry a little about where things would come from and He just wanted to remind me that He is in control.

1 comments:

rebeccahuff said...

So, that is why I changed the name of this blog to HEALTHY FOR HIM.