Day 3 Green Smoothie Challenge

12:13 PM Posted In , , , , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
Well, I've decided I will post how I am doing with the 10 points to the Green smoothie challenge here. I will also add some recipes, ideas, plans and hopefully some encouragement here too!
  1. Water: I do pretty good drinking my water up until crazy hour (4p.m. to about 8p.m.), so tomorrow I am going to try to drink most of my water before then. How do you make sure you are getting your 8-12 glasses?
  2. One QUART of Green smoothie. Check. I have all the leftovers from the demo nights!
  3. Consumption of raw veggies and fruits. Check. Haley made me a HUGE salad for lunch, it had romaine lettuce, vidalia onions, tomatoes, green and black olives, cucumbers, sun dried tomatoes, pink sea salt and lemon juice.
  4. Whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds: see #5 nut butter
  5. I put coconut oil in a smoothie (not my green smoothie..here's what I did, frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon carob powder, dash of salt, scoop of coconut oil, 1 spoonful of nut butter and vanilla...yummy)
  6. Kelp, dulse, nori or seaweed...will sprinkle some dulse on my suppertime salad.
  7. I took Ultimate Defense upon arising this morning (with two glasses of water) and I take another one at bedtime.
  8. Oops...at lunch I did eat a taste of the homemade spaghetti the kids made. I guess that was flour pasta, so I messed up on that one!
  9. After my supper salad I will have had 3 meals with the largest percentage being raw. I did have a snack, the banana smoothie.
  10. I took a long walk with Macey today, but I wouldn't say I pushed myself. I really have to think of what I can do for exercise. Any ideas or suggestions? I like to play tennis but I don't have the equipment. I am open to any one who wants a work out partner, but it can't be expensive. I need some support and suggestions here!
Okay gals, now it's your turn! In the comments post your suggestions or how you have done with the 10 points today. Any other ideas or thoughts as well. Lets encourage each other and make it through the 30 days.

Interesting things to throw in a green smoothie? Well, try 1/4 to 1/2 of a raw beet! (If they look good you can also add the beet greens, they are very nutritious) The smoothie will no longer be green, but it will be sweeter and more nutritious!

Remember Eat to Live, not Live to Eat.

1 comments:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!