Juice Fasting

12:07 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
Finished the Green Smoothie Challenge! Yay! I hope that everyone enjoyed some health benefits from taking the challenge. It was so much fun to get together with everyone and encourage one another. Thank you all for being so supportive. I know that there are several ladies who would like to go round two and start a second challenge. Let me know when, I'm in!

Now that #6 will be one year old (on the 6th), I am undertaking a 6 day juice fast. For health purposes. This is my second day. It has been much easier than the first day.

Juice fasting is just like water fasting, with the one exception being that you are allowed to drink juice! (Not blended foods like green smoothies, but literally JUICE with the fiber removed.) I also drink a little bit of herbal tea, like chamomile. Plenty of water must be consumed in addition to the juice.

So far some of the juices I have used are:

Carrot, straight up!

8 stalks Kale/1 head Romaine/1 Lemon/small knob Ginger/1 Fuji Apple

4 Cucumbers/1 Granny Smith Apple

Tomato/Celery (with a dash of hot sauce)

So, basically, any time I feel a little hungry, I just down a big glass of water or juice. I have been trying to focus on other things to keep my mind off food. Things like reading (but not about food!) taking walks, working, cross-stitch, talking to friends, spending extra time with the children, listening to sermons and resting. (yeah, right, rest?! Seriously, I'm trying!)

What do I hope to accomplish? I am really just trying to break through some health issues that I have been having. I would also like to break my addiction to sweet things, like honey or maple syrup.

I think I should be able to make it to August 6th with only juices and water. I'll keep updating!





0 comments: