Day 5 of 6 Day Juice Fast

4:13 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
This morning is the 5th morning of my juice fast. It's going good. I made myself a glass of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice this morning (I've been having mainly vegetable juice, with the only fruit so far being one or two granny smith apples juiced and a lemon with my greens to cut the "green" taste). Let me tell you, nothing on earth tastes so good as grapefruit juice! I won't do it, but just going by the taste alone, I feel that I could drink a bag of juiced grapefruits! One problem is that my stomach wouldn't hold it! I feel much fuller after drinking an 8 ounce glass of juice than I used to!

Yesterday (day 4) was probably my "healing day" cause I felt pretty bad. I was blessed to go to Andrea Vance's house to watch her teach us how to can green beans. What a fabulous time we had enjoying her beautiful home and her wonderful hospitality! Another dear friend (Hi JoAnne!) had brought some lovely Gazpacho and Haley had brought some jalapeno bread, so while they ate lunch, I drank my juice (swiss chard, carrot, lemon, ginger and an apple). I felt really tired and kept having to sit down. So I was a little bummed that I was fasting when she brought out her smelling good Pecan Macaroon Cookies! I just smelled them, and they smelled wonderful...but you know, this grapefruit juice tastes so good, I can't imagine eating a cookie now!

Anyhow, I'm praying today will be the "energy boost" day and I will feel great. Tomorrow will be my last day of fasting, I will eat a small piece of fruit tomorrow for supper. I haven't decided what fruit I will eat yet. I'm going to give my body a chance to "tell me" what fruit to break my fast with.

I am planning to only eat raw fruits and vegetables on Friday. Beyond that, I haven't thought. So, I'll be thinking of that over the next few days.



0 comments: